Q: My truck keep stalling when stopped randomly, its not all the time. Service engine like has just Came on

I just got a lot of work done to my truck for it to be safe to drive. After I got it fixed my truck has started stalling sometimes while stopped. I took it back to mechanic he replaced some of the things that could of caused the truck to be stalling, got it back again and the problem has continued. What could else could be the issue?

A: There are so many possible causes of random...

There are so many possible causes of random stalling, it’s hard to say what exactly the problem could be. Having the Check Engine Light scanned would be a good first step though. This will provide the technician with information about what the engine control module is seeing a problem with, and point them in the right direction to diagnose this problem.

There are many sensors in the engine management system, any number of which could cause the engine to stall intermittently. The most common would be a failed crankshaft position sensor or a failed camshaft position sensor. It could also have a failed mass airflow sensor, or it could have a problem with the fuel injection system, such as low fuel pressure or a plugged fuel filter.

I would suggest having a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, to diagnose the stalling problem for you.