Q: My third gear is grinding

When I shift into third gear or even lightly push towards third without the clutch the syncros are grinding. This all started after it was bumped into third gear without the clutch engaged. What could be wrong for and how expensive would it be to fix?

This may suggest failing synchros. As you may know, when a clutch drags, it is not letting go of the disk fully which overloads the synchros and burns up the friction surfaces quickly. Synchros work by speeding up or slowing down the input shaft and clutch disk by acting like a brake. If the clutch is dragging, the synchro friction surface is trying to speed up and slow down the engine’s mass, which is impossible. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your transmission.