Q: My starter is spinning but I am getting no form of engine cranking already had starter tested and is good

Whenever I go to crank my engine all I hear is the starter spin but not crank my engine. I have already had my starter tested and it checked out fine. No teeth missing from my flywheel either. I have checked everything short of starting to tear open my block.

A: Hello. When you had the starter out did you...

Hello. When you had the starter out did you look in and inspect the teeth on the flywheel? As long as these are good, then the issue is probably with the starter motor. You had the starter tested and it turned okay, but did the starter drive pop out to engage the flywheel? I would replace the starter and see if this works. A certified mobile mechanic from YourMechanic can come to your home or workplace to inspect the starting issue, and provide any necessary replacements.