Q: My power steering fluid is leaking.

My mechanic said when they filled the fluid it is leaking out. wants to replace power steering high pressure sensor? Wouldn't it be a hose or something similar?

Hi there. Check the power steering system for where the leak is coming from. The system could be leaking from the pump, hoses, sensors, rack and pinion steering system, or the reservoir. Where ever the leak is coming from, replace that part and recheck for any leaks. If the power steering sensor is leaking, it is probably not the sensor itself unless the sensor if broke, but rather the o-ring that seals the sensor to the system.