Q: My key won't turn but not because it's not in park or the key is bent. Sometimes it starts, sometimes it doesn't.

When I put the key in the ignition ,sometimes the key turn on the engine or sometime it doesn't work.

When a key starts to get worn, it will sometimes not turn the ignition lock cylinder all the time. As the key gets more worn, you may get to a point that it will not turn the ignition at all anymore. Have a new key made or use a new key you may already have to see if it fixes the problem. If you still continue to have issues, then have the key cylinder replaced while you can still get the old one to turn. This will help in the replacement of the old one.

Otherwise, the lock may need to be drilled out at an increased cost to replace it. I recommend having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to determine why the key does not turn.

• My key won't turn but not because it's not in park or the key is bent. Sometimes it starts, sometimes it doesn't.