Q: My husband says I a ruining his truck with a standard transmission by not pushing the clutch to the floor when I change gears

My husband says I am ruining his truck by not pushing the clutch to the floor to change gears, is this true? I am only 5'3" & I can't press the petal to the floor but I never grind the gears.

As long as you are pressing the clutch in far enough to disengage the clutch then you are not harming anything. Most clutches will disengage after about 1/2 to 3/4 pedal travel down. Most do not need to press all the way to the floor to disengage.

3. My husband says I a ruining his truck with a standard transmission by not pushing the clutch to the floor when I change gears