Q: My ESP & engine light is on I also has no acceleration. I left the car in the on position overnight. I got a jump, still same.

I left the truck in the ON position overnight. The battery was dead in the morning. I got a jump and it cranked right up. When I tried to drive, the gas pedal did not work. The truck only will go 5-10 mps on it own. I checked the fuses and they are good. I unhooked and hooked back up the battery, turned the key to the ON position for 10 seconds so the computer can fix itself then cranked it up but it did not make the lights go off and the pedal still is not working.. I cannot drive it.

Hi there. It’s quite possible that the engine jump start may have triggered an error code or LIMP MODE to activate. In some cases, a jump may cause a situation where the relay or ignition system is overloaded; and as a safety precaution, will activate a fail safe - to allow the vehicle to be inspected by a professional mechanic. It is probably best to have one of our professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete a car is slow to accelerate inspection, so they can determine why this is happening.

3. My ESP & engine light is on I also has no acceleration. I left the car in the on position overnight. I got a jump, still same.