Q: My clutch hits the floor was running fine, then I checked reservoir and it's full

My clutch pedal hits the floor and now I can't shift it. The reservoir is full with fluid

Hello, thanks for writing in. The master cylinder is connected to the clutch pedal and the slave cylinder is connected to the release bearing. When the clutch pedal is pushed down, hydraulic fluid flows from the master cylinder to the slave cylinder. The slave cylinder then acts on the release bearing to disengage the clutch. A problem anywhere in the hydraulic system can result in a clutch pedal that goes to the floor. Even though you said the fluid is full, you may have a minor leak somewhere or the slave or master cylinder are failed internally. I recommend having a professional, such as one from YourMechanic, diagnose and repair this problem for you.

• My clutch hits the floor was running fine, then I checked reservoir and it's full