Q: My check engine lights on

I had my car diagnosed code was P2646 obd-11 a rocker arm actuator system performance stuck off bank on...is it safe to drive until I get it in the shop in a week?

The code that is stored is for the variable valve timing system. This could be a fault anywhere in this system; mechanical or electrical. The valve could be stuck and is becoming a more common phenomenon with newer vehicles as they acquire higher mileages. Contamination buildup and wear can accumulate over time resulting in unfavorable surfaces and friction, resulting in the valve sticking. The oil switch for the variable valve timing could be faulty or the wiring to this switch could have a fault. The oil switch relays oil pressure as it occurs in real time for the valve; oil is used to control the amount of valve timing desired by the ECM. I don’t believe that you will encounter any serious damage to the engine, but may experience stalling, rough idle, poor fuel economy, and a continued check engine light. Should the check engine light begin flashing, turn off the engine as catalytic converter damage may occur. I suggest having qualified technician perform an inspection to avoid replacing unnecessary parts. Your Mechanic has several available technicians that can come to you and assist with a check engine light inspection.

3. My check engine lights on