Q: My car wont start

My car went dead tried to jump it off and didnt work. Got a new battery still wouldnt start.. put a starter on it still nothing.. found out altanater was bad put a new one on still wont start.. a few days before this my lights was blinking when i was driving.. and car act like it didnt want to start.. i have spent alot so far on it now the guy working on it says its a ecm computer.. i just want to know what you think..

Hi there:

Usually a hard to start issue is rather simple to diagnose when you begin by downloading all stored trouble codes in the ECU. If you can’t connect to the ECU; there is your problem. If they are able to, they can determine if the issue is electrical (meaning an electrical connection or relay) or mechanical (broken starter, ignition relay or other). However, if you have a professional mobile mechanic complete a car is hard to start inspection, they’ll complete these steps and be able to pinpoint the source of your BMW’s starting problems and recommend the right repairs. Unless you accidentally connected battery cables in reverse during a jump start or battery installation, I doubt that the ECU is damaged.

3. My car wont start