My car wont go pass 20-30mph whats my problem 2004 malibu...

Q: My car wont go pass 20-30mph whats my problem

asked by on October 18, 2017

My car wont go pass 20-30mph

Hi Robert. Thanks for contacting us today. Usually, when the car will not go past those speeds, it’s because the ECU has detected some sort of fault or problem with the transmission or driveline components. This will activate a "limp mode" - which basically allows you to drive slow enough to get to a mechanic to have it inspected. If the vehicle is not stuck in limp mode, then possible sources include fuel system problems or ignition system issues. It would be best to have a professional mechanic come to your location to complete an acceleration inspection to determine exactly what is causing your problems.