Q: My car started overheating and I believe it was because of the coolant because I put some more and stopped

My car started overheating and I am almost sure it's the coolant, when I put more coolant in the tank it got normal again however I noticed that it has a leak which is leaking out coolant, so it's kind of obvious, is there any advice or should I just replace it and about how much would it be??

Hi...If there is an obvious leak, the fastest way to resolve this is to request a leak diagnostic. If simply "one" leak point is found on inspection, the responding certified mechanic will simply identify the parts required to fix it and estimate the cost right there. Basically, it’s impossible to know beforehand because the leak point is not known. Hoses, water pumps, radiators, coolant inlets and outlets are all possible sources of leaks and the cost depends on exactly which one of those components is leaking on your vehicle. Also, it is possible to have multiple leaks so once the "obvious" leak is repaired, the system has to be evaluated to make sure there are no additional leak points. If you schedule the leak diagnostic the responding mechanic will get this resolved for you promptly.

3. My car started overheating and I believe it was because of the coolant because I put some more and stopped