Q: My car shifts gears just fine but it hardly wants to take off and the rpms go up very high but hardly accelerates. 1994 Honda Civic

My car shifts gears just fine but it hardly wants to take off and the rpms go up very high but hardly accelerates. Is it the master slave cylinder?

Hello - I believe you have a severely slipping clutch. Either the clutch is worn out, or the clutch disc is contaminated with engine/transmission oil, and is slipping for that reason. If the clutch has not been replaced with your close to 300K miles, it is certainly time to replace the clutch. Unfortunately, that is not a service YourMechanic.com offers at this time. Thanks for thinking of us though!

3. My car shifts gears just fine but it hardly wants to take off and the rpms go up very high but hardly accelerates. 1994 Honda Civic