Q: My car keeps shutting off itself and shaking

I just bought this car in November I think. Brand new, interior and exterior is perfect. Drove good when I test drove it every time. Now when I am sitting still, my car shakes very very bad. It doesn't normally cut off. But yesterday I was driving and got to a redlight and my car just shut off like my RPM went to 0 and it wouldn't go. I had to turn my car off and turn it back on and pray it turned on. Now I was driving down the road and it literally shut off WHILE I WAS DRIVING. I had to pull over and turn it off and turn it back on. This is ridiculous and I have no clue what to do about it. Please help!

Shaking or vibration may be caused by many different things such as faulty spark plugs, poor fuel pressure or misfires. Other things such as a faulty idle air control valve may cause the engine idle to drop below the normal idling RPM which may also cause the motor to shake or vibrate more than normal. This creates a loss of power that resonates throughout the motor additionally causing other problems with ignition and fuel timing. Anytime a misfire is caused, this causes an imbalance in the motor which will cause the motor to shake or vibrate. The other issue that may cause this type of shaking or vibration is a broken engine mount. Engine mounts are generally rubber mounted braces that hold the engine in place to the chassis of the car. When these break or become weak or faulty, this may cause the engine to vibrate heavily. I would suggest having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. My car keeps shutting off itself and shaking