Q: My car died and won't start what could the problem be?

On the way to work we turned at a light the car died but started right away we drove a couple of blocks and the car died again and won't start. It turns over but it kinda acts like it's not getting gas. There is gas in the tank and the fuel pump is working. What could be the problem

Hello there, thank you for asking about your 2002 Chrysler Concorde. If the fuel pump is coming on and if you are getting the right fuel pressure then it may be a timing issue. Most of the time this occurs all of a sudden like this when a crankshaft position sensor fails. This is common on this vehicle. I usually use a computer scan tool to monitor the output of the sensor to see if it is bad. If it is fine then the fuel pressure should be checked, as low fuel pressure can cause this. Low fuel pressure is caused by a fuel pump that is weak but has not actually failed. A certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your car’s no-start conditionand replace the crankshaft position sensor if necessary.