Q: My cadi won't start

My car started overheating and I found out it was the water pump and a leak in the cover plate. And while it sat for a months and a half for me to get money to fix it it wouldn't start no dash lights or anything. When I tried to jump it the lights came on but it just clicks.

It sounds like you may have a weak battery, a failing voltage regulator or failing alternator. As you may know, the alternator charges the battery while the engine runs by generating amperage and recharging the battery while the engine turns the alternator pulley. The voltage regulator is a unit that regulates the charging of the battery by the alternator and maintaining a certain amperage while the engine runs. When the alternator is not working properly, this may result in the battery quickly losing charge and the car losing all power. You may also notice a whining sound as a result of the bearings inside the alternator begin to fail. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your charging system.

3. My cadi won't start