Q: My 2013 chey impala ltz reads engine idle and trans hot what do I need to do to stop this from happening and my trans is not shift

My transmission is not shifting out properly which causes me to receive the message engine idle trans hot what is the cause of this

The overheating of the transmission might be due to it being stuck in too low a gear for the vehicle speed. The transmission in your car is electronically controlled and uses a transmission pressure control solenoid which occasionally fails. The best thing to do is request a failure to shift diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will first determine if any diagnostic trouble codes have been recorded. If there are no codes, GM has a "decision tree" in the Factory Service Manual that mechanics use to pinpoint the defective part. If you request the diagnostic, the mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. My 2013 chey impala ltz reads engine idle and trans hot what do I need to do to stop this from happening and my trans is not shift