Q: My 2011 nissan altima 2.5sThe slip indicator light stayed on what does that mean

asked by on December 26, 2017

My 2011 Nissan Altima 2.5S slippy light is on and wont go off what does this mean?

The slip indicator light would be the same as the traction control light. If you are actually slipping out in this light comes on that is normal. However if the light stays on during normal driving, this indicates an issue with the traction control system. If the traction control light is illuminated this is letting you know that the traction control system will not engage in the event of a slip. I would recommend having a traction control system inspected by a qualified professional to determine the exact cause of this issue. Consider YourMechanic as this can be done from your home or office.

If the traction control light come on and stays on then there is a fault in the system and the only way to tell what the problem may be is to have system scanned for failure codes and have those codes diagnosed. You may have a defective wheel sensor or transaxle sensor.