Q: My 2006 F150 FX4 5.4 with 112,500 miles seems to like to hang up at 2000rpm. it accelerates fine up until that point

seems to like to hang up around 2000rpm. it accelerates fine up until that point, with good power. once it hits ~2000 rpm it seems to lose power and really won't go any higher. It will rev higher than 2000 if i accelerate hard enough to downshift but it still feels low on power when it does.

I have replaced fuel filter, spark plugs and cleaned the MAF and throttle body.

Hi there. Generally speaking, when an engine is idling high as you’ve indicated, it’s caused by either a faulty idle control valve, damaged throttle body or vacuum leak. It’s always best to have a professional mechanic complete an engine idle inspection to determine why you are having this problem and recommend the right repairs.

3. My 2006 F150 FX4 5.4 with 112,500 miles seems to like to hang up at 2000rpm. it accelerates fine up until that point