Q: Motor knocking

I drove my car with no oil, it stalled on me. I put oil in and now I have a knocking sound coming from the bottom. I had my mechanic put it on the high riser and he said its coming right were the oil pan is. If it is a rod and bearing were can I buy that part besides a whole motor?

If you ran the engine without oil and now have a rod knocking inside the motor, you may have spun bearings on the crankshaft and will need to do more than just replace bearings. You most likely have damaged the rods and crankshaft. You should be able to get parts at the dealer or most autoparts stores.

3. Motor knocking