Q: Misfiring and burnt wires.

My truck is misfiring and the wires to the starter are burning.

A: Hot starter wires are generally caused by a...

Hot starter wires are generally caused by a loose or contaminated contact at the starter or battery. These connections need to be cleaned and tightened to factory specifications. As far as the misfiring issue, the first step would be reading the fault codes out of the engine computer to determine if the misfiring is confined to a specific cylinder or is another issue possibly air/fuel related. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, to assist in the diagnosis and repair of both of these issues