Q: Mirror won't swivel using inside switch

The driver's side view mirror won't swivel using the inside switches. It seems to be loose and not connected to the gears.

Hi. If your mirror is not longer functioning correctly, it may be possible that the mechanism connecting the mirror to the motor has become damaged. Many times, these are made of plastic, and can become brittle and easy to break. This usually requires a replacement mirror or motor assembly, however, there are also cases where the mirror simply came loose, and needed to be popped back into place. I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, inspect the mirror closely, to determine the correct repairs.