Q: Metal rotation noise when the car accelerate.

Recently i was ran off the road. Hit the curb pretty hard and now i hear this metal like rotational noise when i drive. The faster i go the more i hear it and it dies off when i brake. I have had the front bearings and outer tie rods replaced since the incident but I'm drawing a blank on what could cause this metal rotation noise.

Hi there:

This problem may be associated with a bent rim or warped brake rotor; especially since you indicated that the noise goes away when the brakes are applied. When a car takes an impact off road, it tends to damage components from the outside/in; meaning that the tire will absorb a lot of the impact, then the wheel, the brake rotors, calipers, tie rods, and wheel bearings to name a few.

The metal rotation noise could be coming from the brakes or the the rim rubbing on top of the brake caliper. I’d suggest having the vehicle inspected by a qualified mechanic who is capable of pinpointing the source of the noise and from there the necessary repairs can be made. Good luck.