Q: Metal rotation noise when the car accelerate.

Recently i was ran off the road. Hit the curb pretty hard and now i hear this metal like rotational noise when i drive. The faster i go the more i hear it and it dies off when i brake. I have had the front bearings and outer tie rods replaced since the incident but I'm drawing a blank on what could cause this metal rotation noise.

Hi there:

This problem may be associated with a bent rim or warped brake rotor; especially since you indicated that the noise goes away when the brakes are applied. When a car takes an impact off road, it tends to damage components from the outside/in; meaning that the tire will absorb a lot of the impact, then the wheel, the brake rotors, calipers, tie rods, and wheel bearings to name a few.

The metal rotation noise could be coming from the brakes or the the rim rubbing on top of the brake caliper. I’d suggest having the vehicle inspected by a qualified mechanic who is capable of pinpointing the source of the noise and from there the necessary repairs can be made. Good luck.

3. Metal rotation noise when the car accelerate.