Q: low idle in gear, stills when accelerating

Starts fine, idles ok, wants to stall. I have to put it in neutral at traffic lights. I'm thinking it's the IAC valve

3. low idle in gear, stills when accelerating

Q: I bought a brand new alternator and my car still wouldn’t start

Hi Breona. Thanks for contacting us tonight. The fact that your boyfriend was able to 'fix' the car temporarily by 'messing with the wires' indicates that the root issue is likely poor electrical connections as opposed to a mechanical problem...

Q: Possible clogged fuel filter

Hi there. While not common, clogged fuel filter can keep a vehicle from starting. For this to happen, the filter needs to be very clogged. If the filter is that clogged, the fuel pump is forced to work overtime to...

Q: I'm on the side of the road, the tension pulley bolt came loose now it won't go back in

Look at the threads to see if the bolt is left hand threads, or standard right hand threads. If the threads are damaged, then use a thread chaser to clean them out. If the pulley bearings seized, it may have...