Q: Lots of white smoke

Car runs fine no loss of power no noises can struggle to start when cold. There is a strong smell of fuel from exhaust. Have changed glow plugs and cleaned egr and put injector cleaner through fuel but still no change

Hi there:

The problem with diagnosing issues with a Volkswagen TDI remotely is that most of the common white smoke issues (piston rings, valve guides) don’t apply with the turbo diesel system. The best and virtually only way to diagnose your issue is to have a local mechanic complete a white smoke from exhaust inspection onsite. Common issues with VW’s that could cause this include turbo fuel sensors, or air fuel mixture sensors that are out of calibration and many ignition issues as well.

3. Lots of white smoke