Q: Loss of power

driving down the road at 65 mph and all of a sudden lost power and put a lot of black smoke out the exhaust and barely could do 25 mph spark plugs on the right side are black like their not firing ones on the left all look good

A: Hello. From my experience with this truck t...

Hello. From my experience with this truck this is usually caused by a wiring issue on that side of the engine. If the ground loses connection then one side of the engine will begin to misfire and this will occur. I usually check the grounds and all of the connections first. If they are fine then the issue may actually be the computer.

Further testing with a voltage meter and a scan tool would be needed to make for sure. If you want to have this repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the loss of power firsthand for an accurate repair.