Q: Left turn signal and DRL aren't working properly

The left turn signal and the Daytime Run Lights bulbs haven't been working properly. The left turn signal and DRL bulbs are continually on, even when the ignition is Off! The left turn signal never flashes, even with the hazard lights turned On. My boyfriend replaced the bulbs, but that didn't work. He checked the engine bay fuse box, plus the fuse unit near the driver door. All of that is good and there was nothing burned out. He thinks it’s the turn flasher/signal relay, but he doesn't know where to find that. Also, one other thing: the dash isn't showing any warning light/message that the left turn signal and the DRL lights have failed. Plus, the interior dash left turn signal isn't flashing quickly to indicate a failed bulb. What should we do?

A couple of faults could cause this issue. The most likely would be a wiring issue, the turn signal relay or an improper bulb. The most likely cause in this case would be a wiring issue, if the lights were shorted to power, they would stay on at all times and the fault would not trigger the ECU that a bulb is out. A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose your light problems and proceed with the appropriate repairs.

3. Left turn signal and DRL aren't working properly