Q: Left off oil cap for 2 days 50 miles. No oil splatter on engine that I can see

Left off oil cap for 2 days 50miles. No oil splatter on engine that I can see, I had a bad oil smell in car until I put cap back on. Now the smell is gone, should I be worried about damaging anything in the engine? Oil life is at 68pct, should I check dip stick?

Thanks for writing in about your 2012 Chevy Equinox. You should have no issues as long as the oil is still full and there are no leaks. If the oil smell comes back or you are in need of an oil change in the future, then YourMechanic can come to you to inspect your car and perform these or any other services.

3. Left off oil cap for 2 days 50 miles. No oil splatter on engine that I can see