Q: Left front strut is 2 inches lower than rest

My car is having trouble with the left front strut because it is about 2 inches lower than the rest when the car is off. The left front drops to the ground. I am thinking that it might need a new strut, a flash, or perhaps the problem is with the sensor. What is your advice for repairs on my car?

Hello there, thank you for asking about your 2001 Mercedes-Benz S55 AMG. Most of the time this is a problem with the strut itself. The air spring begins to fail, whether it is leaking or binding, and this will occur. I usually inspect the strut for leakage and binding first. I also check the rest of the suspension just to make sure that nothing else is going on suspension-wise that could cause binding. The strut is by far the most common cause of this. If you need help, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to inspect your suspension system and replace the strut assembly if necessary.

3. Left front strut is 2 inches lower than rest