Q: Knocking noise when car is started.

My Pontiac started making this loud knocking noise a few days ago. I haven't had an oil change since March 6th and I drive my car everyday. The noise stops/lowers when I press on the gas. I have a video that I have sent to a few mechanics and some say it is my oil filter, one said my alternator and the last one said my engine is completely ruined and that I should get a new one.

Hi there. First off, anyone that claims they can correctly diagnose an engine knock or other issue by watching a video should not be considered a reliable source. A knock can come from multiple sources, ranging from low oil pressure, loose cylinder head lifters or other hardware, issues with timing belt or even drive system components. The best way to reduce mistakes on diagnosing and repairs is to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete a car is making a noise inspection, so they can correctly diagnose this issue and recommend the right course of action.

3. Knocking noise when car is started.