Q: My transmission is stuck on reverse but my shifter is on park. Can't move shifter at all.

My shifter is on park but my dash says the actual transmission is on park. I can't move my shifter at all. Won't let me turn my engine, it's completely stuck

A: Hi, thanks for your question. I’d be happy ...

Hi, thanks for your question. I’d be happy to offer my insight. I suggest checking the transmission shift cable connection at the transmission to see if the cable came loose from a defective cable end bushing.

If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.