Q: Just replaced manual transmission. And will not start but just cranks.

I just replaced my manual transmission. Put a new clutch in it as well. But i think im missing a important wire that may not be hooked up. It’s going to be somewhere around the transmission. But the truck cranks but won’t start. And I never had this problem until replacing the transmission.

Hi John. Thanks for the question tonight. I would agree with you that an electrical connection, likely a ground connection is the source of your non-starting issue. I would double check all connections - especially the grounds and see if this resolves your problem. However, if for some reason the battery was not removed before your transmission replacement, then it’s possible that a default code has disabled your ignition system. This would have to be removed from the ECU by a professional mechanic with the correct diagnostic equipment.

3. Just replaced manual transmission. And will not start but just cranks.