Q: just brought car to dealership for eoutine oil/filter change and after, was told evrthng check'd out fine. now service light is on

Last Oct brake pad went out without any warning, got that changed by a local service shop. In Dec took the car in to dealership for oil/filter change. Mentioned the brake issue and was told unfortunately sensors are not present for this model. I was upset but got over it. After the service, they also did routine maintenance check and was told everything was fine. Now 3 mos later the service light is on. Could this have been meant for the brake pad check? Car has 90850 mi on it. Should I bring it in for diagnostics or just reset the warning light anyway? I'm paranoid but husband says not to. Thank you.

3. just brought car to dealership for eoutine oil/filter change and after, was told evrthng check'd out fine. now service light is on