Q: Jumped a car now battery my light on, car overheating, and power steering not working?

My Jetta jump started a dead Tahoe this morning and drove completely fine afterwards. Then two hours later when driving it again, the battery light came on and 5 minutes later the coolant overheating light came on and the car beeped 3 times. I turned that car off to let it cool down, then when I turned it back on the temperature was back down but the battery light remained on, as I continued to drive it the temperature slowly rose and as I pulled into a parking spot the power steering shut off. Was told it could be an issue with my computer after I jumped started another car without disconnecting my alternator? What has happened?

It is possible that somehow the alternator was damaged during the process of the jumpstart. I would recommend having your vehicle inspected by a qualified professional to determine if your alternator it’s functioning properly. Consider YourMechanic as this can be done from your home or office.

3. Jumped a car now battery my light on, car overheating, and power steering not working?