Q: Is it time to replace it?

In the last 3 months we have put $2,000 in the car. Now it is shuddering and shaking when we drive it. We would prefer not to buy a newer car but I'm wondering if the age, mileage and recent cost of repairs are worth it. What do you think? Thank you. It's a 2006 mercury Monterey with 85,000 miles. We drive about 10 miles a day.

Your present car is not that old and the mileage is low. It is usually more economical to repair what you have versus buying another used car but the exact calculation will depend on the cost of the currently required repairs. If you desire that the present problem you are having be diagnosed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request a vehicle vibration diagnostic. The responding certified mechanic will help you to understand both the costs involved in repairing what you have and he or she can also take a look at your vehicle generally and you advise you if there anything else obviously wrong with the car. If you have further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you, particularly if you just need more information to make a wise, informed decision.

3. Is it time to replace it?