Q: Is it my alternator or starter that's having issues if it's a loud clicking noise when trying to start it ?

When I try to start it's a loud clicking noise but it won't start. The lights cut on, but the car won't start.

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

Good question and thanks for inquiring. I believe you are having an issue with your starter. When your starter goes bad the solenoid fails to come out all of the way and turn the flywheel, a symptom which is often associated with a clicking noise. You usually won’t hear a sound if the issue is with your alternator. If you’d like assistance, a certified YourMechanic technician can be dispatched to your location to replace your starter

3. Is it my alternator or starter that's having issues if it's a loud clicking noise when trying to start it ?