Q: Is it an issue with the clutch or possibly something else?

My clutch wont shift into first or reverse it does go into 2nd 3rd 4th 5th gear but it's real stiff to set them In those gears I checked the break fluid looks pretty normal too me I checked the master and slave cylinder found no leaks the clutch pedal seems to be working fine starts right up just won't shift gears properly is it the clutch or something else

A: Hi there. It sounds like the shifter fork i...

Hi there. It sounds like the shifter fork inside the transmission is bent. You can remove the shifter from the transmission and see if the fork is bent. If the fork is bent, then you can bend it back. If the fork is broken or cracked, then it needs replaced.

If you need further assistance with diagnosing and fixing your vehicle, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you with your vehicle’s shifting issue firsthand at your home or office.