Is a 2011 Chevy Impala equipped with magnasteer? impala 2...

Q: Is a 2011 Chevy Impala equipped with magnasteer?

asked by on March 08, 2018

I am needing to replace the rack and pinion on my 2011 impala. My question is, does 2011 Impala come equipped with magnasteer? All the rack and pinion assemblies that I can find come W/O magnasteer. I want to make sure I’m ordering the correct part. Thank you.

Magnasteer was not an option on the 2011 Impala so what you are looking at is an irrelevant catalog entry (an error in the parts catalog). However, several different rack and pinion units were installed on the 2011 Impala and so you must order your new rack by VIN number. You can input your VIN number in the AC Delco OEM Catalog to identify the correct part number for your vehicle, that is the exact rack and pinion unit that the car was equipped with when it left the factory. If you desire installation of the rack and check out service by a certified mechanic, please schedule via YourMechanic’s steering rack replacement service page. If you request that service, the responding certified mechanic will ensure that the correct part is ordered, based on your VIN number, and install the rack, right at your location. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.