Q: Traction Control System

I have just purchased a used 2013 Corolla with 63000 kms. Sometimes when turning with the traction control on, the loss of traction light flashes and a noise comes from front of car . The noise sounds like as if a tire is scraping on the plastic inner fender liner. noise happens for only short time less than 10 secs.

Hi There, It sounds like there may be something rubbing on the inner fender well causing the noise. In the process of this happening, this may also be causing the wheel speed sensor to detect the vibration as this happens which may be relaying an abnormal condition to the traction control module. When this happens, this relay causes the traction control light to come on. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to inspect your car to determine what may be causing this to happen.

3. Traction Control System