Q: Ignition tumbler and switch not working correctly

So I've just got done replacing the ignition cylinder because the car would lose power to things such as turn signals, radio and heating, then the car would no longer start at all. So I replaced the cylinder and now after twisting the key past what should start it, it comes on. But the electrical stuff still won't power up, could it be the ignition switch that's wrong with it?

A: Hello there, many faults will cause the pow...

Hello there, many faults will cause the power to not come on the key is turned in your 1994 Jeep Cherokee. You did well in replacing the ignition switch first as the symptoms you have described sound like the ignition switch was at fault. Since the ignition switch, did not fix the issue there are a few other possibilities such as the a faulty wiring harness, key cylinder fault, or a worn out key. A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose your ignition switch issues and advise you on the needed repairs to fix this.