Q: Ignition issue - 1994 Mitsubishi

Sometimes the ignition starts right away but sometimes I have to wiggle it until the engine starts. What is the problem. Please advise.

A: This is likely a bad connection problem whi...

This is likely a bad connection problem which is commonly known to cause intermittent non-starting issues like this. Your ignition switch is wired to a harness that eventually runs down to a starter relay which directs power to the starter. When there is a faulty connection in your ignition harness, sometimes wiggling the key will connect the wires that may be struggling to connect properly, but this is a temporary fix. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to you home to diagnose the ignition problem and repair the ignition switch if necessary.