Q: i20 hit by stone from below, steering doesn't come back to straight after turns, clutch pedal feels steering movements when pushed

I have drove my Hyundai i20 on a stone and it hit from below. It hit cars bottom. Now when I turn the steering, it is not coming back straight and when I push the clutch completely and move the steering, I can feel the steering movements on the clutch pedal.

Hello, thanks for writing in. It sounds like something got bent when you hit the stone. If the CV axle or lower control arm on the suspension was bent, then this will happen. When this occurs, it will either cause binding in the axle or change the alignment enough to keep the transmission from working properly, and will keep the steering from straightening on its own. I would usually get the vehicle in the air and look for signs of impact and bending that would indicate to me where the vehicle was hit and what needs to be repaired. Here at YourMechanic, we can have a technician come to your home or office to inspect your steering system for you, and make or suggest the necessary repairs.

• i20 hit by stone from below, steering doesn't come back to straight after turns, clutch pedal feels steering movements when pushed