Q: I was told that on my 2006 Saab 97x w/5.3L engine that in order to change the upstream sensors the transmission has to be lowered.

Does the trany have to be lowered or am I being ripped? Does the trany have to be lowered in ordered to change any sensors? I don't get it?

The transmission could be lowered to make it easier to replace the O2 sensors, however, you do not need to lower the transmission to get the O2 sensor off. It would be best to remove the exhaust system and then the sensors will come off. If you need further assistance with the O2 sensor, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. I was told that on my 2006 Saab 97x w/5.3L engine that in order to change the upstream sensors the transmission has to be lowered.