Q: I was replacing the water pump and one of the bolts broke. Can a mechanic assist in drilling it out?

I was replacing the water pump and one of the bolts broke. Can I use a mechanic to assist in drilling it out? Can I create an appointment through this site for this issue?

Hi there. Depending on where the stripped bolt is on the pump, you may be able to have this bolt hole re-tapped with a Heli coil, essentially recreating new threads in the pump for the bolt. In the event that it has gotten too hot, there may be some warping that may have taken place which may require additional repair. In any case, we need you to request a quote for water pump replacement to communicate with our sales department to determine where you live, and if we have a service technician that can assist you with this project.

3. I was replacing the water pump and one of the bolts broke. Can a mechanic assist in drilling it out?