Q: I was given an estimate of approximately $900 to replace the rear calipers on my 2004 Buick Rendezvous. I thought that was high

I got a quote to have rear calipers put on my Buick Rendezvous 2004 of $900 and I thought that was really high. That includes labor and parts. Do you think that is high?

It depends on exactly what is included in the quote you were given. If the quote you were given is strictly limited to the calipers and does NOT include brake pads, rotors, hardware or other brake system work, then your quote is over priced by 20% or more. To obtain a competitive quote from YourMechanic, please click on "Get a Quote" at YourMechanic’s brake caliper replacement service page. If and once you accept the quote, a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic will come right to your location and get this service taken care of for you and, of course, save you money. If you have further questions or concerns as you decide what to do, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you get the best possible results.

3. I was given an estimate of approximately $900 to replace the rear calipers on my 2004 Buick Rendezvous. I thought that was high