Q: I want to change the wire harness on my 2002 Dodge Caravan sport 3.3 L 6. How much would it cost?

I purchased a used 2002 dodge caravan sport 3.3 L6 2 weeks ago. I noticed that the car isn't shifting gears. The RPM is on the right side of dashboard and light doesn't turn on, when I accelerate the gas pedal the RPM needle keeps going up but never shifting gears. I did a on off on off on within 5 Seconds on the ignition test and these codes came up; p01684, p0134, p0204, p0205, p0700 , p0442, p0455. I don't know anything about cars, so I had an electrician scan the car and he told me that I have to change the PCM or do I have to replace the wire harness Help!!

I doubt that you need a wiring harness, though you might have a problem with a small part of it. The codes you have listed describe a variety of ills with O2 sensor, Injectors, and evaporative emissions. but the one that points to the transmission is the P0700. It only says that there is a malfunction in the control system. That is why the technician said you might need to replace the transmission controller or the wiring. My vote would be that the controller is the more likely suspect. This car needs to be diagnosed by a technician with the appropriate scanning equipment. The generic stuff just won’t do the trick here. With the right scanning equipment a technician should be able to activate the various gear changing solenoids via the scanner to see if the problem is in the controller or the wiring. You can have your car properly diagnosed, and therefore get an estimate by contacting YourMechanic. They can send a technician to your home or office to (check out your Caravan transmission)[https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/not-able-to-change-gears-inspection] and let you know what it will take to fix it.

3. I want to change the wire harness on my 2002 Dodge Caravan sport 3.3 L 6. How much would it cost?