Q: I tried to change my breaks and rotors because of a scraping sound and now the sound is worse and one of the rotors it has a lit

My brake was making a scraping noise and I didn't want to spend the money to get it done at a shop so I did it myself. So I changed the brake pads and the rotors in the front and now the sound is worse and one of the rotors is scraped a little.

Hi there. Unfortunately, without seeing how you replaced the brake system components or what parts you used it’s hard for us to give you the best advice on how to resolve the problem. It’s probably better to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location to complete a brake system inspection, so they can review what was completed, determine what’s causing the noise and how to resolve the problem with as little expense and hassle as possible.

• I tried to change my breaks and rotors because of a scraping sound and now the sound is worse and one of the rotors it has a lit