Q: I put a replacement steering column in with the right harnesses hooked up car wont turn on now the old one worked fine i just coul

Someone attempted to steal my car they bust out my ignition switch lock cylinder they broke my shift lever due to anti theft lock now i got a replacement steering column from salvage yard im entry level mechaniclly inclined i put it in my self connected proper wiring my car will not start now behind lock cylinder are ridges i kniw if you push them it will crank your car not even that worked tried to jump start it nothing what could be the issue now? My old one started the car fine i just could not shift gears

It sounds like something was not connected properly or was put in the wrong place. Make sure the range selector is in the right place and not reading reverse or drive. If the range selector is not in park or neutral, the vehicle will not start at all as a safety measure. Check over your work once again and if you are still stuck, consider hiring the assistance of an experienced professional like a technician from YourMechanic, to assist with your steering column replacement.

• I put a replacement steering column in with the right harnesses hooked up car wont turn on now the old one worked fine i just coul