Q: I need to pass smog test.

Vehicle giving me code P0446. I need to know if you can fix it. I need it to pass a smog test.

The code that you are getting is typically caused by an evaporative emissions vent valve that has failed. A mechanic would typically remove the valve and test it with an ohm meter and even apply voltage to it to see if it is failing. If it does not pass it will be replaced. This can also be a circuit issue or even a leak in the evaporative system, but the vent valve is by far the most common. If this is something that you want to have done then you should enlist the help of a certified mechanic, like one from YourMechanic.

3. I need to pass smog test.