Q: I need new brake pads, but I think it's the front brakes.

It makes a grinding sound when I brake

A: Hi, thanks for writing in. If the brakes ar...

Hi, thanks for writing in. If the brakes are grinding then you may be grinding metal to metal on the brakes. Have all the brakes inspected to see if the pads and rotors need replaced and if the calipers have any problems. If you would like help with an inspection or your brake replacements, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect this situation for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.